Throwback Thursday: Pokemon Yellow
Disclaimer: The characters in this article and pictures belong to their rightful owners I am in no way taking claim to them. Pokemon belongs to gamefreak/Nintendo. This is for entertainment purposes only.
I started playing Pokemon when I was around 13 or 14, I started with Diamond. I got Pokemon Yellow when it was released on the 3DS e-shop and boy was I in for a surprise. That game has been kicking my ass, also starting with a Pikachu is hard.
I know, I know I sound like a pre-mature gamer but man did I underestimate Pokemon. It took me at least 2 hours to get my team up to beat Brock. To be honest with you people of the internet, I haven’t played in a while, not because I got discouraged or bored, I got distracted by other games.
If you are thinking about playing Pokemon Yellow, here are some tips to beat the first gym:
- Don’t waste money, get potions though
- Get Mankey from the path leading to the Pokemon League and level it up to learn low kick
- Get a Caterpie and evolve it all the way to Butterfree to learn Confusion
- Ratatta is actually good (if it learns quick attack or if you want to waste a lot of time, hyper fang at level 14)
- So is Pidgey (if it learns gust)
- Level up Pikachu too cause you’ll need it for the second gym
To be honest though I OP’d (overpowered), my Pokemon and did the gym really easily but ignored my Pikachu and since Misty (water) is next that was a bad idea.
My team is:
- Pidgey (named Gust)
- Pikachu (named Spark)
- Mankey (named Taz)
and I’m searching for my 6th.
Between now and next Thursday, I’ll hopefully be to the second gym or farther and I’ll update you guys more 🙂